The “LIONS TOUR” is a great opportunity for goalkeepers to expand their knowledge of the game and to put their skills to the test in a competitive, overseas environment. The LIONS TOUR will take place in Carlisle England, also known as the Great Border City as Carlisle is located just south of the Scottish border.
The tour will take place from the 14th July – 24th July, 2013
- Neil Thompson – President of Big Cat Goalkeeping, Former Carlsile United and Hull City goalkeeper.
- Tony Caig – Carlisle United Head Goalkeeper Coach, Founder of HPG, Former Carlsile United, Hibernian, Vancouver Whitecaps, Huston Dynamos and Newcastle United first team goalkeeper.
- Ben Benson – Carlisle United Center of excellence Goalkeeper coach.
- Simon Smith – England National team under 16 – 20 Goalkeeper Coach, Former coach of EPL Legend Shay Given (Fromer Newcastle United and Manchester City keeper currently playing for Aston Villa)
- Newcastle United Coaching staff
- HPG Coaching Staff
“Growing up Tony Caig was an idol of mine, As a kid I would go and watch Tony for Carlisle United just hoping one day I could be a goalkeeper. By the time I signed for Carlisle,Tony was playing for Newcastle United. I think it is great that Tony and I can finally work together and for me to take a talented set of young keepers from the USA to the UK to work with the people that inspired me growing up is very special” – Neil Thompson
Residents on the LIONS TOUR will also enjoy the following:
- St James’s Park Stadium tour (Newcastle United EPL)
- Question and Answer sessions with a professional goalkeeper
- Chance to see Two Preseason games ( subject to fixtures )
- DW Leisure centre membership
- Tours around different parts of England and Scotland
- Accommodation – b&b, lunch and evening meal
The Tour is for Keepers aged u12 + this includes college graduates that would like to showcase their talents. This tour is for all abilities, should a player on the tour come highly recommended or impress whilst on the tour then potential tryout opportunities may arise as a result but are not guaranteed.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to join and be a part of the tour.
Note: Stay tuned for registrations!